Monday, September 17, 2012

The Adventure of the Half Marathon Training and the Girl in the Red Bug

This is the week I officially start training for my first half marathon. I am nervous, afraid, excited...several emotions all rolled into one! I have wanted and talked about completing a half marathon for about five years now. Each time I get geared up to start training and then don't follow through. As I get geared up, yet again, to begin the process of training, I felt I needed to look at what has held me back from the whole process in previous years...the bottom line, a fear of failure. The fear of actually not being able to complete the task at hand! Do others feel this way? Does fear of failure dictate what you will, or won't do? I find that the half marathon is the symbol that represents many areas of my life, it's a symbol of so many things I want to accomplish but yet am fearful to try.

 So, this is it folks, the time to make a change is now! The time is now to kick the fear of failure square in the butt! But, I know I will need help along the way, I will need words of encouragement from those that have the same fears and reservations that I do, from those that have set their goal and successfully completed it, whatever that goal may be. By putting this out there for God and everyone to see, I am hoping it will keep me focused and encouraged. I am inviting all of you on my journey...on my adventure of the half marathon!

Until the next time....the Girl in the Red Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment