Friday, December 25, 2020

The Adventures of Facebook Memories and the Girl in the Red Bug

 Who else feels the bittersweetness of Facebook memories? 


Yes, part of my day consists of looking back on Facebook memories. Some memories make me shake my head and say WTF? Some memories make me think, “damn girl, you need to get a life (those are mostly related to the Real Housewives postings), and some memories bring me to tears. 


Seeing sweet, funny posts from family members and friends no longer with us; words of encouragement from them; and precious photos that randomly pop-up, make my heart ache, all while smiling with love. Bittersweet, friends, but, memories are like that, aren’t they and we should cherish each one and feel all the feels.


So today, as I head into my day, creating more memories, that are yet to be seen which emotion they will invoke from my future self, I will look at today’s memories and smile (and, maybe wipe away a tear or two). 


Hoping you are creating all types of memories today, cherishing each moment, and feeling all the feels. 


Until the next time,

The Girl in the Red Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment