Sunday, December 27, 2015

The Surf City Half Marathon Training and the Girl in the Red Bug


Today started Week 4 of my Surf City Half Marathon training, 8 miles in the books! This is the first time, in all of my running, that I feel really good about the training plan I have in place and the fact that I am actually using the training plan that I have in place. Amazing what that will do!

When I ran my first half marathon in 2013, I only half way trained, so I am very excited that I am sticking with the training plan this time and REALLY training. And, a difference that I am also seeing this time around, is that I look forward to my runs. It’s a time to catch up with my friend, and running partner, and also a time to clear my head of things that weigh me down. I love seeing the progress that comes as I complete each run. It is not only gratifying, but it inspires me and keeps me motivated for the next run.

I am looking forward to making running “stick” in 2016, and for the adventures that will come with it. More updates on Surf City Half and Hollywood Half training to come...stay tuned.

What is something you are going to make “stick” in 2016? 

I wanted to share one last thing with you, here is the view of part of my run today! I always love the view of this train track!




No comments:

Post a Comment