Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Adventure of the New Year’s Eve Tradition and the Girl in the Red Bug


How many of you have New Year’s Eve traditions? Several years ago, I decided to make a change in how I spent my New Year’s Eve. I had been in the routine of staying at home on New Year’s Eve, often times falling asleep without even knowing when the old year went out and the new year rang in! But, I didn’t want to fight the crowds at a club, go to a party, or potentially feel the effects of those choices for a day or two after. So, I decided to say goodbye to the current year, and ring in the new year in a healthy way...a 5k. 

Each year, I participate in the Midnight Madness 5K, located in Phoenix. I have loved doing this run since I started. I love the energy, love the people, love the joy of doing something some view as a little crazy when asked, “Hey! What are you doing on New Year’s Eve?”

This year, I added to the tradition...I also completed a 5k that started shortly after midnight, what a great way to say “Welcome 2016!” They say that whatever you are doing as the new year comes in, is what you will be doing in the new year! I love this! I love knowing that my year will be filled with running, with friendships, and new running locations. What a gift!

What are you looking forward to in 2016?

Until the next time,
The Girl in the Red Bug






2 comments:

  1. Like usual, you are a joy and an inspiration in health, friendships, and writing. Thank you for being a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle! I am so glad you are following my blog and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete