Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Adventure of Training Interrupted and the Girl in the Red Bug

Week 7 of half marathon training is going rough....after an awesome 11-mile run on Sunday, Monday was a rest day, which was especially nice with the 3-day weekend. Yesterday, at some point, though I pulled something in my back and have struggled now with not only standing up, but also walking. The pain is terrible and I am extremely frustrated that it is interfering with my training plan.

I am trying everything to alleviate the pain; chiropractor, massage, some deep stretching. Here is a picture of what happens when you are doing "Legs on the Wall" and can't escape your dog bringing you her stuffed toy and laying it on you...I am sure she thought she was making me feel better.

Here's to hoping the stuff toy works and I am ready for my 12 mile run on Sunday! 18 days and counting...Surf City or bust!

Have you ever had your training program interrupted? What did you do to get back on track?

Until the next time,
The Girl in the Red Bug



No comments:

Post a Comment