Thursday, August 12, 2021

The Adventure of the “Seal” and the Girl in the Red Bug

Life is so ironic at times. Today I had to go to the courthouse to pick-up copies of my Nan, Pap, and Dad’s death certificates, along with some other documents.

Within one department you can get birth certificates, death certificates, apply for marriage licenses and even pop into the courtyard to finalize that marriage license, with a quick ceremony with the judge.

What struck me as ironic; within those four walls, all phases of life were represented; the beginning, middle, and end. While I’m reflecting on the lives and passing of family members, a couple next to me is starting their journey together, filled with loving, hopeful smiles; with eager anticipation for the future.

How quickly, yet slowly it often feels, our journey here goes by. I wonder if the couple next to me realize this; time is of the essence. Most of us don’t, or at least I know I didn’t until the last several years. Our beginning, middle, and end go so quickly; being summed up on a few legal documents with a seal from the Court at the end.

We often don’t have control over our beginning, but what we do with the middle and end, is all on us. How we love, how we live, create the middle and end.

As I was reflecting today, a question came to me, what will my “seal” be? What am I doing with my middle (ok, closer to the later part of the middle, but middle nonetheless)? 

I want my seal to reflect my heart, my true heart. I want it to reflect the amount of love I have for those most important to me, for people to know they matter, they are significant, they make a difference. I want my seal to show my passion and gratitude for life, my sense of humor. 

At the end of it all, we all will be summed up with a few page summary on a legal document, with a seal.” So, go and make your seal count my friends, time is of the essence.

Until the next time,
The Girl in the Red Bug

1 comment:

  1. I love this. The Good times with our love ones do have to come to an end. Thats why it's important to be good to people while they are here, so there are no regrets. My God.

    ReplyDelete