Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ahhh....frustration...

Well friends, my attempt to start running and training for my first 10K, was sidelined on day 2. Needless to say, I am so frustrated. I started my training program this past Monday...I was so excited, it went so well. I am using a training application that I downloaded on my iPhone, and it is great. On Tuesday, I was ready for day 2 of my training. I headed out and am on my merry way and my foot and ankle start hurting. I finished my run/walk, going three miles, but was unable to train on Wednesday and have been sidelined, pretty much, since then.

Here is my question, to my running friends....what do you think caused this? I didn't twist my ankle or anything like that....and what are your recommendations to get back on my feet, or should I say foot.

Until next time...I hope that you are having success with your new years goals.

1 comment:

  1. It could be your shoes, or more likely, you're "overtraining" too soon. Start slow with low mileage, then bump it up as you feel more comfortable and pain-free. Remember to walk a few minutes first to get your muscles warm. You could also try an ankle warming exercise-1 foot at a time, keeping toes and the balls of your feet on the ground, make small circles with your heels in the air...it helps me maybe it will help you. Randy

    ReplyDelete